Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Rainbow Mosaic (step by step)

Well, after all that vacation posting you must be yearning for some actual artsy stuff!

My current morning art project is all about doing watercolour mosaics. It's incredibly show going. One page/mosaic can take up to nine sessions to finish. But...it's also very satisfying to take the time to do it anyway.

After a couple of more random mosaics I felt the need to use a lot of colours in my paintbox and create a kind of rainbow somehow. Here's how that turned out:










Each picture is the result of one morning session, that is one half hour of work. Differences in colour are due to differences in lighting circumstances and angles. 

Ever since this page I have been fascinated by colour gradients and slowly meandering hues. I'm even trying to implement it in my regular grid drawings with felttip pens. I like how even after years of doing mosaics and patterns and related things I still find new ideas to be fascinated by. I have a feeling this means that this is really 'my thing'. ;-)

Hope you enjoyed this peek into my process and wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!